Here I am, 9:30 pm on December 31st and finally getting around to writing my 2014 year in review. This would be year 4 of my Year in Review post. It’s a look back at my favorite cards over the year, one for each month.
2014 has been a good year. I’m not hitting the craft room quite as much as I’d like. But, I’ve been blessed with a beautiful baby boy this year and a growing toddler who loves spending time with her mommy, so I can’t complain. I just enjoy the time I do get and am thankful that I can keep up with my various swaps and DT commitments.
Now, here we go…
And there we go. Now, I usually also reflect on my craft resolutions from last year, which are the only resolutions I usually make. Here is the list:
1. Use up some card kits. My goal, just to make it fun, is to use 26 next year…that’s one every two weeks (yikes!). Oops. I think I may have used about 5 and even that might be a generous estimate. This goal is definitely coming back for 2015.
2. Make a calendar. I am happy to report that I MORE than covered this one this year. I had so much fun with the first one (see my January picture) that I made SEVERAL more. Plus, a couple of the recipients have asked me to update it with the 2015 calendars.
3. Send more cards “just because”. My goal? At least 2 per month. I did send a few more, but not 2 per month as I had planned. I will keep working on this one. I need to get back to sending out birthday cards too, so 2015 will be a year to work on this.
4. Find a home for unused cards. I may have done this. I found a place for a box of cards back in September, but haven’t heard whether they were able to make use of them. If not, I’ll be back to the drawing board.
5. Take one class or do one retreat. I want to try to get out just once. For me. I was not that successful at this. I looked for classes, but just didn’t get to one. I did go to a session with my local demo, but took Nathan with me and he was a bit too fussy to actually craft. Hopefully 2015 is better in this regard.
6. Challenge myself. 2013 was not a great year for stamping challenges. And I miss them. I still miss them! My Year in Review told me I’m still having trouble getting to them outside of my DT challenges. I guess I’ll have to find a new strategy for 2015.
7. 100 blog posts for 2014 is my goal. Can I do it? I had 81 posts in 2013…2014? 73!
Seven was a large number of goals for 2014. I have yet to sit down and write my 2015 goals. What will they be? Come back tomorrow and take a peek!
Best wishes for a fantastic 2015, Readers.