Ahhh, the first of the year, already!
I mentioned in my “Year in Review” post yesterday that I didn’t make any 2013 crafting resolutions. But, this year I want to. I’ve been thinking for awhile about it and trying to figure out…just what are my goals for this year?
2013 was a bit of a challenge. Claire is more active and wants to do everything with Mommy. No longer can I put her on the floor to play while I craft. One day, she even got into my copics (GASP!) when the door was left open. It’s not that I don’t want her to “play” with me, but I think she needs to be a bit older before I can explain why EVERY cool crafting item isn’t hers to play with.
But more challenges arrive this year. We are expecting baby #2 in April. I’ll be off work for a good part of the year, but will have to learn to juggle both a toddler and a baby. It’s a little frightening, though I know I’ll figure it out.
I don’t want to give up my crafting and “me” time…so how do I balance it.
Given those challenges, here are some of my resolutions for 2014:
1. Use up some card kits. Thanks to various swaps, I have a gluttony of card kits in my craft room. I think I counted around 50 about a year ago when I first attempted to reduce them and I’m pretty sure the collection has ballooned again. My goal, just to make it fun, is to use 26 next year…that’s one every two weeks (yikes!).
2. Make a calendar. I have wanted to stamp a calendar for a couple of years now and have never gotten around to it. This year, I’m going to do one.
3. Send more cards “just because”. Okay, keeping up with birthdays would be nice, but what I’d really to do is send more “just because” cards. I’m not sure how this is going to work yet, but one of my ideas is to find someone every Friday to send a card to. Family, friends…or maybe one of the “need a lift” threads on SCS. My goal? At least 2 per month.
4. Find a home for unused cards. Because crafting is relaxation for me, sometimes I don’t have a purpose in mind before I create. As a result, the cards pile up faster than I can send them. Goal #3 will help, but I need more. I have a box of cards ready to go…somewhere…I just need to find a place that would like them. This shouldn’t be that hard, it just needs to be done!
5. Take one class or do one retreat. Whether it’s my Stampin’ Up demo, one of the local scrap stores, a weekend crop, evening crop or the annual scrapbook retreat. I want to try to get out just once. For me.
6. Challenge myself. 2013 was not a great year for stamping challenges. And I miss them. I’m not sure what I’ll do yet. One per week? Try to do every one from a particular site? Work my way back through the numbered challenges (remember the SCS color challenges I did from a few years ago?). Not sure yet what I’ll do, but I’ll keep you posted!
7. It’s early on December 31st and I had to add one more. I just got my “2014 year in blogging” report from WordPress.com and I had 81 posts this year. That’s down from the last three years, when I topped 100 posts each year. I’m not surprised, it was a busy year. 2014 doesn’t look much slower! But, I’d still like to challenge myself…100 blog posts for 2014 is my goal. Can I do it?
Well, now that I’ve added #7, I definitely think that’s enough for one year. I might be a bit aggressive, but hopefully I can make it work. 2014 promises to be a busy one, both crafty and personally, but I’m hoping I’ll find a way to make it work. I’ll see you back here in 365 days to find out just how successful I’ve been!
Best wishes for a fantastic 2014, Readers.