I’m slowly catching up on my 2011 Christmas Card Challenge. As I mentioned earlier, I got a bit behind my five cards per month. I finally made my June cards earlier this month and this weekend I got my July cards done. Now all I have to do is get my August cards done before the end of the month and I’ll be all caught up!!
I’m still trying to use up some miscellaneous supplies I’ve acquired.
The first card used more of those stickers I got in the Stampin Up Grab Bag and used on my June cards. This card is very similar to a couple of the cards I did last month, but with different DSP. Since I’m trying to use up scraps, I ran out of the stuff I used on the last card.
Since that card meant the end of the stickers, I moved onto my scrap paper pile for my next cards. First, I found this pretty square of navy glitter paper. I decided to pair it with Cherry Cobbler cardstock and my Dasher stamp, whose antlers went well with the glitter paper.
Starting on my third card, I decided I needed some inspiration, so I decided to play along with some sketch challenges. First up was from the Corrosive Challenge blog (Challenge #129). The Corrosive Challenge doesn’t do just sketch challenge, so I lucked out that this week was a sketch. I was able to use a few hoarded items on this card. First, of course, was the patterned paper pieces that I matched together. Then I found this stamped image hanging out in my stash and the “Joy to the World” sentiment. The colors seemed to work out perfectly together and I’m quite happy with the final product.
The next challenge up was the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, challenge #130. I liked this weeks sketch, but I loved the sample even more, so I used it as my model for my card. I knew I had a few more of these RAK images from “It’s a Stretch”. The images are pretty long, so this sketch was perfect to pull them out and use them.
Last card of the month was the sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers (Sketch #345). This was a fun card to make, as well, although I puzzled over the perfect image for awhile. I don’t use my Delightful Decorations stamp set very often, so I’m glad I finally found a use for it that I liked. I also used a bit of wide red satin ribbon recycled from a gift somewhere and more of my hoarded DSP. It took a little work to layer my ribbon just so, but I love the look of it.
This was a great month for using up scraps! I have lots more that needs to be used up, but it’s a great start!